Walk with Haiti 2013
Follow this link for information about Walk With Haiti 2013.
The Walk with Haiti 2013 Registration Form is now available. Please follow this link to download the form.
St. Teresa School Expansion
These images show the recent expansion work on St. Teresa School. A second floor was added to accommodate additional students. Some of the new students were displaced by the January Port-au-Prince earthquake.
"Walk With Haiti 2010"
The 2010 "Walk With Haiti" event was a big success. Thank you for your support. Follow this link for more information.
Haitian Earthquake 2010 - What you can do to help
1. Pray, Pray, Pray.
2. Donate to Catholic Relief Services. This money will be spent on emergency aid to Port-au-Prince and surrounding areas most devastated by the earthquake. Donations can be made directly to CRS or through St. Malachy; note “CRS” on your check.
3. Donate to the St. Malachy Haiti Endowment. This endowment is managed by the Indianapolis Archdiocese and a portion of the interest is used to support the St. Malachy Clinic at Ste. Marguerite, Port Margot, Haiti. The remainder of the interest is rolled back into the endowment so that the principle can increase and provide long term funding for the St. Malachy Haiti Mission. The endowment began with a $100,000 donation from a St. Malachy parishioner. Currently its values is over $125,000. Use the green envelope sent to with your Sunday collection envelopes or make a check to St. Malachy; note “Haiti Endowment” on your check.
4. Sponsor-a-Child. This money is used to support a needy child at the St. Teresa School, Port Margot, Haiti. $80 pays for one year of tuition, a uniform, and daily lunches.; note “Haiti Sponsor-a-Child” on your check.
5. Donate to the St. Malachy Haiti Mission. This money pays the immediate expenses for projects at Port Margot, Haiti; note “Haiti Mission” on your check. The immediate expenses include:
a. Purchase and shipping costs for St. Malachy Clinic medicine and supplies; Salary for Haitian doctor, nurses, and staff who work at the clinic daily; Expansion, repairs, and maintenance of the clinic; fuel for generator and transportation.
b. Repairs and maintenance of Ste. Marguerite Church; fuel for generator and transporation.
c. Expansion, repairs, and maintenance of St. Teresa School.
d. Expansion of the clean water program for the community through Deep Springs International; administrative fees and supplement salary for local technicians who regularly visit each household.
6. Donate to St. Malachy. A portion of the general collection is sent quarterly to Ste. Marguerite to support the parish’s pastoral work.
The people of Ste. Marguerite are very appreciative of your prayers and material support – Mesi Anpil!
The Haiti Mission
St. Malachy Parish in Brownsburg, Indiana and Ste. Marguerite in Port-Margot, Haiti have been twinned since 1996 and the relationship between these communities continues to grow as we work together in faith.
1998 First Medical Mission to Ste. Marguerite
2000 Dispensaire Presbyteral St. Malachy De Port-Margot opens
Clinic is staffed full time by Haitian Doctor, Nurse, Technicians and office manager
2003 Gift of Water program established for Port Margot
2004 Sponsor-a-Child program initiated for Ste. Teresa School
2008 Expanded Clinic to 5600 sq.ft with 10 bed ward opens